Education Support Professionals
By working together for job security, better pay, improved working conditions, dignity and respect on the job, ESP are assured of having their voice heard through their membership in the Association.
Education Support Personnel in several North Dakota school districts have joined their NDEA local affiliate colleagues or organized new NDEA locals.
Some of the benefits received by these members of the NDEA/NEA include:
- Strong representation in grievances to resolve disputes.
- Training and leadership development.
- Assistance in obtaining better working conditions.
- Support of staff and local leaders.
- Special publications addressing ESP issues.
- Insurance protection.
- Recognition of their important contributions to education.
- Representation and participation at regional and national conferences.
- Access to Member Benefits programs that help stretch paychecks.
- Participation on the NDEA Board of Directors.
No longer do support colleagues have to go into battle with only courage as their weapon. By becoming members of the NEA/NDEA, they will have the numbers behind them to strengthen and champion their efforts. By standing together, we can make a difference in the lives of all our students and members.
ESP's Fastest Growing Membership Segment
The fastest growing segment of the NEA is comprised of bus drivers, food service personnel, maintenance workers, custodians, paraprofessionals and other support staff personnel. They are becoming team members in the education family.
A Day Without ESP
What would it be like for one day in our schools without ESP? Watch this "A Day Without ESP" video and find out!